FOR OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION AND PUBLIC POLICY IN THE WORLD
- 1.1. Purpose: The award pays tribute to the contribution of O.P. Dwivedi for his long-dedicated service to IASIA and to acknowledge his outstanding contributions to the advancement of public administration and public policy in the world.
- 1.2. Who can nominate: IASIA members, including members of the IASIA Board of Management. Self-nominations are not accepted. A call for nominations to be published online and sent to IASIA members annually. Nominations must be sent at the latest by 31st December of the same year.
- 1.3. Eligibility criteria: The O.P. Dwivedi award goes to an outstanding international PA scholar or practitioner with a global impact and reputation on PA development affiliated in a demonstrable way with IASIA.
- 1.4. Criteria for selection (all must apply):
- 1. Scholar: Has significantly contributed to the advancement of public administration and policy as a scholarly discipline globally, reflected by their standing in the profession, distinguished output also reflected in citations, original and comprehensive scholarly contributions to the field, and publication leadership.
- 2. Practitioner: Has significantly contributed to the advancement of public administration and policy in the world well above and beyond his duties as a member of a national administration (all levels), including supra-national institutions, or as a member of an international organization, with impact, leadership, and/or role-model function for other regions and globally as well
- 3. Must be sponsored by an individual or institution formally affiliated with IASIA.
- 1.5. Nomination mode: A call for nominations to be published online and sent to IASIA members annually. IASIA members willing to nominate a candidate must submit the nomination form (attached form) and the required documents at the latest by December 31st.
- 1.6. Documents to be submitted:
- Nomination form
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
1.7. Award Committee: Each year at the Annual Conference meeting, the IASIA Board of Management appoints a selection committee of three members, of which one should be the last awardee and at least one a member of the BoM. The committee will confidentially recommend three possible candidates to the Board of Management meeting by 31 January. The proposals are submitted based on the received nominations. The selection committee may also propose candidates itself if needed. The list of three is made available to the BoM members together with the usual materials for the meeting. The decision is made by secret vote by the IASIA Board of Management during its meeting in February/March.
- 1.8. Description and announcement of the award: A plaque and a certificate are presented to the recipient at the Awards session during the Annual conference. The recipient is invited, along with the recipients of the Donald C. Stone and Pierre de Celles’ awards, to give a speech or a lecture on a topic of his/her choice.
To submit your proposal:
- Complete the nomination form and attach to it a Curriculum vitae and at least three recommendation letters.
- Nominations must be received by the IASIA Executive Secretary by 21st January 2019 by email email@example.com or by post Bardhyl Dobra, C/o International Institute of Administrative Sciences, 96 Rue du Commerce, Block C- 6th floor, 1040 Brussels, Belgium